THE WP TEAM
WHAT WE DO
WP6 provides underpinning computational and analytical work for engineering the material’s performance characteristics and developing a design tool
- Task 1 – involve development of a coupled computational approach comprising a micro‐mechanical self‐healing constitutive model and a generalised transport model that considers coupled continuum and discrete flows.
- Task 2 – provide model validation using data from small scale laboratory tests aimed at providing representative material behaviour carried out in WP2 / WP3 / WP4, as well as larger scale laboratory tests on structural elements and site trials of structural components.
- Task 3 – application of the model to the material systems of WP2 / WP3 / WP4, so as to engineer (and optimise) the material system for the identified design requirements
- Task 4 – developing the structural concrete design procedures for the new material by adapting, where necessary, existing methods and validated using laboratory scale tests on structural elements.
- Task 5 – transfer of the procedures developed in Task 4 to a computer‐based structural design tool.