THE WP TEAM
WHAT WE DO
A procedure for forming 2D and 3D networks of small diameter channels in structural elements has been developed in M4L and while this procedure is considered viable for small to moderate sized structural elements and for the surface zones of larger structural elements, more efficient and reliable techniques are required.
- Task 1 – research will be undertaken to find the optimum size and disposition of networks for the different structural applications identified in WP1
- Task 2 – construct 3D hierarchical vascular system, with bifurcating channels varying in size from mm to μm, using a CAD‐based design
- Task 3 – embedding pressurised reservoirs of healing agents that are available for multiple healing events
- Task 4 – establish the best prophylactic agent to use in any particular situation
- Task 5 – explore the optimum mini-vascular network (MVN) shape, ligament aspect ratio, material type, bond properties and healing agent.